'BETHANI’ CHILD CARE CENTER, KOTAGIRI
Children are the lifeline of our country. If empowered, they have the power to excel. Some of the key information to be reckoned, which emphasise Child Development programs.
- 13,40,000 children below 5 years die in a year.
- Nearly half of all child deaths are attributed to under nutrition.
- 1 in every 11 children in India is working, when they should be at school.
- India accounts for more than 3 out of 10 street children in the world.
- 17.7 million children and adolescents are out of school in India, this is 14% of world’s population of children out of school.
This is being the scenario child development programs are highly recommended. In spite of several Government based child development programs whichare carried out throughout the country, contributions from private NGOs and entrepreneurs is seriously looked in for.Physical, Educational, Social and emotional development of young children has a direct effect on their overall development and on the adult they become. That is why understanding the need to invest in very young children is so important so as to maximise their future well-being.
‘BETHANI CHILD CARE CENTER’ Is a child care and school children based intervention programme. The objective of this programme is to help the orphan and semi orphan children to lend a helping hand to uplift them in the society. The objective of this program is to help the unprivileged children to get needed development in educational, physical and social and also spiritual areas. The program is based on the belief that prevention efforts are most likely to be effective when they occur early in a child’s developmental age, before antisocial behavioural patterns have a chance to become firmly established. The central focus is to offer environment of caring and collaborative and supportive relationship to build children’s sense of togetherness in family, school and community. Chances will be provided to reach the goal to increase academic, social and emotional developments and to have stronger bond among family and friends. Some of the intervention strategies planned to attain these goals are peer monitoring, school wide activities, student meetings, skill development activities, awareness programs, health monitoring, nutritious supplements, personal hygiene managements, literature based learning, playing activities etc.
The primary mission is to promote children’s social, emotional, ethical and intellectual developments. This program will help the children to get sustainable development in their academic area. If the goals are achieved the following results will be attained:
- Enjoyment of School learning.
- Preference for challenging tasks.
- Enjoyment of helping other learn.
- Academic Self Esteem.
- Sense of Personal attitude towards motivation and feelings.
- Concern for others etc.
The initial stage is to have 50 students in the program. The students are from 1st Std to 6th Std. Preference will be given in the child selection to orphans and semi orphans. Children from very poor families will also be given chance. The children will be selected from local area whose residences are not more than 3 km from the project. Program will be conducted from 4pm to 6pm on all week days. On Saturdays if the schools are on holiday program will be conducted from 10.00am to 3.00pm. Children of all religion will be taken.
- Daily tuitions
- Awareness Classes.
- Health Check ups.
- Providing Nutritious food.
- Hygiene Supplies.
- School supplies.
- Social awareness activities.
- Community development activities etc.
- Qualified staff will be appointed to conduct activities and taking tuition classes.
- School activities and house activities of the children will be monitored.
- This program will be an initiative for sustainable development of the children’s holistic development.
- Financial integrity, exhibiting good stewardship model among staff will be strictly followed to attain the set visions.
- Apart from the funds given by the principle donor a nominal contribution will be received from the stakeholders for the maintenance of the project andsundries.
- A Management Committee will for formed consisting of local leaders to oversee the utilisation of the funds, and developments of the project. This is more of an advisory body. This committee will be formed in consultation with the principle donor.
- A budget tool will be developed to regularise the funds for the development of different activities of the program.
- The Project Accounts will be audited annually and report and Statement of the Auditor will be presented in the Committee in which the Principle Donor will be the Managing Director.
- The annual budget is worked out to Rs.22,57,801/- . Apart from the activity costs, this also includes Project Administration and Maintenance costs. This budget is for 50 children to be included initially. For additional intake of children the administration cost will be the same. Only activity cost for the additional intake of children will be added. This stands at Rs.1326/- per child per month.